Re: [exim] TLS configuration

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Raymond Norton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS configuration
On 2013-01-30 at 07:56 -0600, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am looking for a clean way to disable TLS, rather than commenting all
> instances out on my exim4.conf. I ran across some posts indicating it
> could be done via exim4.conf.template, but I'm not clear if that really
> works.

Somewhere in your configuration, tls_advertise_hosts is being set to
something not-empty, probably "tls_advertise_hosts = *".

Comment that out, by whatever the mechanism is with the debconf
configuration wrappers you have.

Once you do that, you won't advertise TLS any more, so inbound
connections shouldn't (won't) try it.

If you want to also not use TLS outbound, then on your remote_smtp
transport set "hosts_avoid_tls = *".

-Phil