Re: [pcre-dev] Fix for buffer read after the end

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Fix for buffer read after the end
Hi,

not at the moment. I have to finish other tasks first. I don't know what to do with callouts, since the JIT internals are totally different than the interpreter, and supporting them would require a lot of on-the-fly conversions. These conversions are costly, so the performance advantage of JIT would likely be disappear. The remaining backtracking words are also difficult, they require static analysis of the pattern, which takes time to implement.

Regards,
Zoltan

ND <nadenj@???> írta:
>Zoltán Herczeg <hzmester@???> писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:59:33 +0400:>
>
> Actually JIT in 8.32 contains several new optimizations, so it is much faster than 8.31>

Hi, Zoltan!>

Patterns with callouts and some backtracking verbs are not supported by JIT.>
My application uses they hardly and therefore still can't derive a benefit from JIT optimization.>
Is there work in progress?>

Thanx.>

-- >
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/pcre-dev