Re: [exim] Handling :include: in redirect router - bug?

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: Evgeniy Berdnikov
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Handling :include: in redirect router - bug?
| I found that if recipient address is handled by redirect router
| with :include:/some/file, the resulting list of addresses is not
| fixed on the submission, but can be updated from the file each
| queue run. Is it a bug or a feature?

Feature; it's documented somewhere in the Exim manual, although I
remember that it was a bit indirect.

This happens with more than :include:/some/file. Exim re-routes and
re-expands top level addresses every time a message is retried (except
top level addresses that are marked as already being fully delivered)
and just throws away final addresses that it's already delivered to.
Anything with a variable expansion can change (.forwards, alias files,
etc) and in fact you can utterly re-route a message by changing the
Exim config file between retries.

    - cks