[exim-dev] SMTP PRDR; Exim 4.82

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Stare tematy: Re: [exim-dev] SMTP PRDR
Temat: [exim-dev] SMTP PRDR; Exim 4.82
On 2013-01-24 at 21:31 +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Todd gets credit for kicking off the effort and doing the server side.
> I did the client side. Undoubtedly there are bugs and missing
> features; please speak up if you're interested.

I'm *delighted* to see that someone has done this! Thanks guys. :)

> I'll wait a little while but at some point I'd like to merge a squashed
> version back into the Exim mainline.

Can we run the PRDR ACLs _after_ the DATA ACL, with the DATA ACL having
access to a variable which indicates that PRDR is in use (so folks can
choose to not reject immediately)?

I'm thinking that virus and spam scanning should happen _once_, first,
and then per-customer decisions are made based upon preference
information, with the resulting scores, so that some reject, some route
to a spam mailbox server, some just accept, etc.

That's the normal use-case, I think, so we should have a singleton scan
available to set $acl_m_* variables which can be used for decisions in
the PRDR ACLs.

Does this make sense? Or am I being an ignorant bikeshed painter?

(I haven't looked at the code, just skimmed the experimental
description).

I'm thinking that if we're happy with this, I should really work to find
time to cut a release soon after it goes into mainline.

So if anyone else has fixes for 4.82, now is the time to get them in.

(I'm working at a start-up and really don't have time to work on the
DNSSEC and lookup stuff I wanted to do; mind, I'm in SF right now and
flying home tomorrow, I *might* be in the mood to hack on the plane).

-Phil