Re: [pcre-dev] Is pcre_fullinfo thread-safe?

Góra strony
Autor: ph10
Dla: Zoltán Herczeg
CC: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Is pcre_fullinfo thread-safe?
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:

> I am interested in Philip's opinion, but in general I think PCRE
> should always be fully thread safe.

I believe that PCRE is indeed fully thread safe. The ChangeLog says:

Version 0.94 18-Sep-97
----------------------

1. The functions are now thread-safe, with the caveat that the global variables
containing pointers to malloc() and free() or alternative functions are the
same for all threads.

... and as far as I know, nothing later has changed this. With the
benefit of hindsight, I now believe that I was stupid and wrong not to
get rid of the static pcre_malloc and pcre_free variables at the same
time as all the other, previous-existing, static variables. One day, an
entirely new API will have to be invented, I suppose, but I am not keen.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel