Re: [exim] Outgoing control to specific domains

Góra strony
Autor: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc G8TIC
Dla: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Nowe tematy: [exim] Help with transport filter process failed (2)
Temat: Re: [exim] Outgoing control to specific domains
On 20/01/2013 13:48, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 01/20/2013 09:54 AM, F. Mendez wrote:
>> Recently we faced an issue regarding payment notifications emails
>> being blocked by hotmail and the other mentioned ESP because of
>> concurrent connections and too much mails per hour sent. This caused
>> some issues with accounts being suspended by unpaid invoices and
>> clients complaints because of mails notifications never arrived.
>
> If it suffices for you to temp-reject items from your clients
> to implement the throttling (as opposed to queueing on your system),
> looking into the "ratelimit" ACL condition.
> This requires that you clients do the queueing.

Or you have two email systems (or two instances of Exim on one box):

    1. "in" from clients - facing clients that operates in "queue only"
(always accepts from [authenticated?] clients), and
    2. "out" to mega-mail systems - facing AOL, Hotmail, etc. that does
the forwarding

Instance (2) then rate limits on instance (1) and they all stay buffered
on your site.

We had to some thing like this ages ago when our mailing system
overwhelmed our ISP.

Mike