Re: [exim] adding a route to exim to accept mail for local d…

Góra strony
Autor: Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] adding a route to exim to accept mail for local delivery
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Simon B. Taylor wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
> - I am sure that I want to deliver this mail, it is for a specific purpose.
> - mx records are already in place for *.mysite.com and I have verified that they are correct.
> - I have had a look at the rewriting options and this will not help me - I need the address to remain intact.

We have a recurrent 'case of misconfiguration' resulting in the same
problem: addresses in the form <service@???> while all
'real addresses' only exist in <localpart@ourdomain>.

We try to solve it by rewriting from <whatever@$HOSTNAME.ourdomain> to <whatever+hostname@ourdomain>
so it 'becomes local'. them later by splitting the '+' we can re-gain the original address
(and inform the miscreant to fix the service ;-)

Stucki