Re: [exim] exim -oMa 1.2.3.4 does not add Date: and Message-…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Cyborg
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] exim -oMa 1.2.3.4 does not add Date: and Message-Id:
Am 13.01.2013 22:09, schrieb krzf83@???:
> When I send localy message with -oMa parameter like
> exim -oMa 1.2.3.4
> exim does not add Date: and Message-Id: to a message. I would like to
> add those headers. Seems like a bug.

It's not the job of the MTA to fix your scripts mistakes regarding
missing, but needed smtp-headers.

Your script, which generates the mail, has to make sure, all Headers are
in place.

Exims job is, to transport the mail to the recipient and to take mails
from others for you.

Hint for bashscripts

date=`date -R`
echo "Date: $date" >>mailheaders.txt

adds a working Date Header to your mail. And with the help of $RANDOM
and some cats, sleeping on your keyboard while your computer is running,
you can add a working Message-Id: header by adding somthing like this to it:

echo "Message-Id:
<8jaslk23490$RANDOM842oisfköldjfösdkfsoödlkfj$RANDOM@???>" >>
mailheaders.txt

best regards,