Re: [exim] How to interpret pasted snip of log?

Góra strony
Autor: Marcin Mirosław
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] How to interpret pasted snip of log?
W dniu 04.01.2013 14:45, Adam D. Barratt pisze:
Hi!
> On 04.01.2013 10:24, Sander Smeenk wrote:
>> Quoting Marcin Mirosław (marcin@???):
>>
>>> I'm wondering why I've got in main_log
>>> H=(mnch-4d044ae7.pool.mediaWays.net) in first line, and
>>> H=mnch-4d044ae7.pool.mediaways.net in second line in the same delivery?
>>
>> As far as i know, the first H= enclosed in brackets is what the remote
>> host put behind EHLO/HELO. The H= line without brackets is what Exim got
>> after DNS resolving.
>>
>> Can't find where this is written in the docs either but is seem to
>> recall having read about this.
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-log_files.html#SECID251

Thanks for answers and help.
At first moment your explanation was good for me. It could looks it is
delay in dns resolving of HELO/EHLO name. But there was still something
which puzzles me.
So I did some tests. I added "warn log_message=testX" in a few places
and sent a few mails using swaks. EHLO always was the same so it should
be in local cache of resolver.
After some debugging I found why format of "H=" is changed. This wasn't
delay in dns resolving. The reason is I used warn with
"verify=reverse_host_lookup" beetwen lines with "log_message".

Next I noticed I had "host_lookup=:" so I changed this to
"host_lookup=*". Solved:)

Thanks again,
Marcin