Re: [exim] Change Envelop Address to that of header from add…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Change Envelop Address to that of header from address
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM, soumya tr <soumya.324@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I change the envelop from address to actual header form?

As I read your explanation below, you want to rewrite the envelope from
address (which _is_ the actual from address) to the slightly more
unreliable address in the From: header, because you want the rate limiting
to match something other than the actual sender.

I'm not sure that I've understood the problem area correctly, but a
solution may be to use SRS (sender rewriting scheme), so that the
forwarding MTA's domain is used instead.

I have NOT performed such a change to Exim's configuration myself, but
someone else has:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/file_sender/wiki/Configuring_SRS_with_Exim_%28Debian_and_Ubuntu%29

YMMV, implement this at your own risk, and remember to test before going
into production.
--
Best regards,
Jan