Re: [exim] rewrite From header with smtp auth-ed username?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jan Ingvoldstad
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] rewrite From header with smtp auth-ed username?
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM, <Lena@???> wrote:

> Some honest users need to send messages with From not equal to
> smtp auth username. For example ...@ieee.org or ...-owner@???
> Such services forward incoming mail
> but don't offer their own relays for outgoing mail.

I've been considering another way of doing this, which may or may not be
entirely sane:

1. Permit accounts to send on behalf of its associated domainname.
2. Allow users to register additional permitted sending addresses
through an administrative web interface.
3. Deny any messages not matching either rule.

Examples:

1. Account fnorblegnarb42 is associated with the domainname
fnorblegnarb.example, and may send e.g. on behalf of
info@???, john.doe@???,
mary.doe@???, or fnorblegnarb.example. As may
fnorblegnarb17 and fnorblegnarb23.
2. Account fnorblegnarb42 additionally registers as a valid sender of
fnorblegnarb-owner@???.
3. Account fnorblegnarb42 attempts to send from validation@???,
but is rejected.

I suspect this can only reasonably be implemented with a database (SQL or
noSQL, whatever).
--
Jan