Re: [exim] TNEF

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mark Elkins
To: Exim
Oggetto: Re: [exim] TNEF
On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 08:23 +0100, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM, The Doctor <doctor@???>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:47:35PM +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> > > What if exim did some internal TNEF translation on demand, as in for
> > > local delivery, preparing the e-mail ready for reading?
> > >
> > > The alternative is to patch every e-mail reader (MUA) to make them TNEF
> > > ready.
> > >
> > > I think that is what is being suggested?
> >
> > Yes given M$ reverse standard,
> >
> > this is the way we are having to do.
> >

> I think doing in-MTA translation of MS-TNEF is completely insane.

I think trying to convince M$ users not to send MS-TNEF is even more
insane.

> In my opinion, it's far better to educate users in how to not send MS-TNEF
> than to cater for them.

.. but close to impossible.

> In any case, catering for them is not the task of the email service
> provider, but of the recipient should they so choose.

The easier way would still be to somehow translate TNEF at delivery
time...

begin transports

[smtp stuff]

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
directory = /home/$local_part/Maildir
maildir_format
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
tnef_decode

Maybe someone could turn my imaginary "tnef_decode" flag into an
external filter call to "/usr/bin/tnef" that does the right thing? Don't
write TNEF into exim, just somehow use what is there already.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje@???  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE