著者: Paul Gamble - MWEB
To: exim-dev@exim.org
CC: Paul Gamble - MWEB
題目: [exim-dev] Documentation correction
Hello Exim Dev

I've just spent a few hours scratching my head trying to get a new lookup type to compile and failing to do so. This was against Exim version 4.80.1. Finally figured out that, in addition to what the Specification documents in "Chapter 57 - Adding new drivers or lookup types", I also needed to modify the "scripts/lookups-Makefile" script, adding the name tag of my new lookup to the list mentioned therein. I believe this would be necessary for Exim version 4.74 and greater.

Could the documentation be updated to mention this? Should I log a bug or would this message suffice to have it added to the "to-do" list? If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to contribute this.

I was thinking of something as simple as adding a further point to "Chapter 57" along the lines of:

"8. If creating a new lookup, edit scripts/lookups-Makefile and add mention of the new lookup
     by adding its name to the script's name_mod list."

Regards,
Paul

Connect with South Africa?s leading Internet Service Provider and discover the magic of the Internet and all its possibilities.
Call 08600 32000 or click here(http://www.mweb.co.za/productspricing/Home.aspx) for more.

MWEB :-) CONNECT AND YOU CAN.

This electronic communication and the attached file(s) are subject to a disclaimer which can be accessed on the following link:
Disclaimer - or copy the following URL into your browser - http://www.mweb.co.za/disclaimer.
If you are unable to view the disclaimer, please contact abuse@??? for a copy.