Re: [exim] rewrite From header with smtp auth-ed username?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] rewrite From header with smtp auth-ed username?
On 2012-12-11 at 03:24 +0100, krzf83@??? wrote:
> I'm creating config that would reject sending email after smtp auth if
> From header email is not equal to smtp auth username. In addition it
> should return email that was not send to smtp auth-ed username mailbox
> with additional info. Reason for that are stolen smtp passwords. Those
> are used for for sending spam, almost always with some weird adress in
> from header. This system would not only reject abuse but also notify
> smtp accound user that someone have his password.

List: I have re-moderated krzf83's subscription so that further posts
from them will need approval, until they demonstrate an adult's
understanding of how to behave in public.

There's no need for _anyone_ here to be subjected to slurs from people
hiding behind pseudonyms.

I've left intact, above, the portion of krzf83's email which is germane
for the list, in case someone does feel like helping this person,
despite their immature behaviour.

Regards,
-Phil, on behalf of list moderators and the Exim team