Re: [exim] which package contains the sendmail binary?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Andreas Metzler
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] which package contains the sendmail binary?
Britton Kerin <britton.kerin@???> wrote:
> I know exim sometimes contains a sendmail binary because on one system I
> get this:

[...]
> But on my debian box (current stable distribution), there is no
> /usr/bin/sendmail binary even though I have exim installed. There is a
> /usr/sbin/sendmail binary, but it doesn't seem to be the same one because:

> $ /usr/sbin/sendmail --version
> exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete option --version

> I also found /usr/lib/sendmail but it does the same thing.

> Does anyone know what debian package provides the /usr/bin/sendmail
> program or its equivalent like on the first system described?

Hello,
I do not think there is any (official) Debian package which contains
/usr/bin/sendmail.
http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=bin/sendmail

I guess you simply had /usr/sbin in your PATH on the first system.

Why do you (think you might) need a sendmail command in /usr/bin?

cu andreas

so grateful to you.'