Re: [exim] authenticating all users.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: exim-users
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] authenticating all users.
On 29/11/12 10:20, Han Boetes wrote:

> We have a webserver running suphp. Very nice since it's no longer
> apache sending emails but the actual user and now we really can
> block spamming. All outgoing mail -- even local mail -- is sent
> through a an antispam server and then delivered where it should.
>
> To find the authentication of users we have this recipe:
>
> auth_login: driver = plaintext public_name = LOGIN client_send = :
> ${extract{user}{${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/etc/exim_auth}}}}
> \ :
> ${extract{pass}{${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/etc/exim_auth}}}}
>
> And a lookup file which looks like this:
>
> sending@???: user=authuser@??? pass=somepassword
>
> Works great, except for one user: The bounce user. His emailaddress
> is empty.
>
> How can I change my recipe so that the bounce user can get a proper
> login?

Change all instances of:

$sender_address

<$sender_address>

Then in your exim_auth file, surround all email addresses with angled
brackets. The bounce/null email address would be:

<>

- --
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F
XMPP OTR Key   8924 B06A 7917 AAF3 DBB1  BF1B 295C 3C78 3EF1 46B4