[exim] authenticating all users.

Author: Han Boetes
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] authenticating all users.
Hi,

We have a webserver running suphp. Very nice since it's no longer apache
sending emails but the actual user and now we really can block spamming.
All outgoing mail -- even local mail -- is sent through a an antispam
server and then delivered where it should.

To find the authentication of users we have this recipe:

  auth_login:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = LOGIN
    client_send = :
${extract{user}{${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/etc/exim_auth}}}} \
                :
${extract{pass}{${lookup{$sender_address}lsearch{/etc/exim_auth}}}}

And a lookup file which looks like this:

sending@???: user=authuser@??? pass=somepassword

Works great, except for one user: The bounce user. His emailaddress is
empty.

How can I change my recipe so that the bounce user can get a proper login?

# Han