Re: [exim] Sender Verify Testing

Top Pagina
Auteur: Graeme Fowler
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Sender Verify Testing
On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 08:50 +0200, James Isolder wrote:
> Instead of using the nomal sender verification i would like to test against
> all the sending headers and then output a line that will tell me which one
> failed. I would like to add the following to my Data phase for smtp. So
> that I can output the log line. Would this be the way to do it. I do not
> want the mail blocked just yet I just want the log line.

Technically that will work.

However from a pragmatic viewpoint it will cause you more problems than
it's worth *unless* you are running it in a close-coupled environment
where you control all the servers.

If that's not the case, and you intend to use this on an Internet-facing
MTA, I caution you to not do so. To do callouts to systems you do *not*
control can result in you being placed on a number of blacklists.

Other opinions, of course, are available :)

Graeme