[exim-dev] Need suggestion

Author: Todd Lyons
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Need suggestion
Re the following bit of code (line 142) :

http://git.exim.org/users/tlyons/exim.git/blob/40367a0461cd662d081991d1edf2d891695ff255:/src/src/dmarc.c#l142

Jeremy and I had this conversation:

<cannonball> Is this an insane way to extract the domain of the
(first) email address from the From: header?
<jgh_hm> it's sure a horrid layer-crossing....
<cannonball> I'm not denying that :-/
<jgh_hm> there may well be no better though

Can anybody suggest a better way to get that to work? One that
doesn't do so much "horrid layer crossing" ? Or is this a quite
acceptable way of doing this? I find that hard to believe, but I'll
take it if that's the answer.

...Todd