Re: [exim] Last Resort

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Chris Grant
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Last Resort
On 2012-11-15 at 20:10 +0200, Chris Grant wrote:
> This is what I get:
>
> Please install ExtUtils::Embed for /usr/bin/perl

This means that you're trying to enable the built-in Perl interpreter,
and have a line "EXIM_PERL=<something>" in your Local/Makefile.

> grep: Makefile: No such file or directory

This is because Configure-Makefile errored out, the build failed, and
things should have stopped after the ExtUtils::Embed error message.

Strangely, scripts/Configure does *not* stop on error. I don't know why
we don't. It's a simple fix, I've changed that and pushed. (Please,
let no OS fail to implement "sh -e")

All the rest of the errors are caused by the build process not stopping
when it should have. Sorry. You can make the same change by editing
scripts/Configure and on the #! line, add the -e flag.

So, to get the build running, either install the ExtUtils::Embed package
needed to be able to embed Perl into Exim, or comment-out/remove the
EXIM_PERL setting from Local/Makefile which is requesting that Perl be
embedded.

Regards,
-Phil