[pcre-dev] Announcing z/OS port of PCRE 8.31

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: pcre exim
Subject: [pcre-dev] Announcing z/OS port of PCRE 8.31
Hi All
Announcing z/OS port of PCRE 8.31 - version 0.1 beta

The enclosed zip file contains a complete port of the core functionality of PCRE 8.31 to z/OS (also known as 'The Mainframe').  The port itself is complete, including an API for COBOL, but the grep, posix and C++ where not compiled and/or tested (yet).  The core functionality was tested to the extent that it appears to be working correctly, however, since I could not do all the tests alone it is still considered to be in beta.  This port is EBCDIC only and is not intended to support any ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16, nor UTF32

The next version will probably appear after the stable version of PCRE 8.32 will be published and will be a port of PCRE 8.32.

Most of the PCRE were ported by an automatic process.  The main exceptions are pcre.h and config.h that needed some manual intervention.  There are also two originally coded modules, pcobapi.c that is not of any particular interest to people who do not do COBOL, and pcrzfunc.c that deals with non-null terminated strings which are the norm in the mainframe.

Please, even if you are not working on the mainframe, try to read my documentation.  Any comment would be gladly accepted and thoroughly considered.

I wish to thank Philip for his help and support during the development of the port.  The EBCDIC support was brought up to date and his fixes will be incorporated once the 8.32 port is published.

Ze'ev Atlas