[exim-dev] Building exim on SunOS4

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Building exim on SunOS4
Hello,

some time ago I mentioned trying to build Exim for SunOS 4 and Phil asked
for patches. Here is a start:

Trying to build exim, I found its /bin/sh to be insufficient.
How about switching to bash if it is found? That works fine for me in
scripts/reversion and scripts/lookups-Makefile:

  if [ -x /usr/local/bin/bash ]
  then
    SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
    export SHELL
  fi

I suppose many owners of old systems have bash installed to get around
their /bin/sh.

src/buildconfig.c could take

#include "os.h"

and OS/os.h-SunOS4 needs

typedef int ssize_t;
typedef struct __res_state *res_state;
typedef int sig_atomic_t;
typedef long long int64_t;

In src/exim.h, I miss an #if around including <inttypes.h>:

#if (__STDC_VERSION__ >= 199901L)
#include <inttypes.h>
#endif

It is convenient to add this in OS/Makefile-SunOS4:

HAVE_IPV6=

Sure, it is not set in OS/Makefile-Default, but it makes building exim for multiple
platforms easier and SunOS 4 is not likely to change. ;-)

So much for a start.

Michael