Re: [exim] Compiling errors with 4.80.1

Author: Oliver Heesakkers
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Compiling errors with 4.80.1
Op vr 26 okt 2012 14:00:10 schreef Griffiths Martyn:
> Hello
>
> I'm am trying to compile the latest version of Exim (4.80.1) and am
> getting the error below on compilation.
>
> Version 4.77 builds fine on the system (FreeBSD 6.1 - yes I know :-)
> but I cannot build (with the same Makefile/eximon.conf) either 4.80
> or 4.80.1. We have no fancy requirements in the Makefile; it's a fairly
> basic config.

FreeBSD 6.1? IIRC that had GCC 3. Exim 4.80 brought some big changes which
probably broke the build on GCC 3. Given the fact that GCC 3 is even more
antiquated than FreeBSD 6.1, this is not something that I think will or should
be resolved in Exim.

You can try building Exim 4.80.1 with one of the newer versions of gcc
available in the ports (if they build) or just disable DKIM in Exim 4.77's
Makefile if your only concern is plugging that hole.