Re: [pcre-dev] Missing files in SVN

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Philip Hazel
To: danielg
CC: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] Missing files in SVN
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, Daniel Richard G. wrote:

> I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that. I tried to make this work
> (in an out-of-source build), but configure complained about not having
> install-sh, then about config.sub... it began to turn into a wild goose chase.

Sigh. I knew this wasn't easy. :-)

> Ultimately, it's easier to move config.status out of the way temporarily, and
> I've implemented that in a way that is robust to failure of the ancillary
> ./configure run. The attached patch tweaks the rule to this:

OK, I'll get to it sometime (currently struggling with a broken system;
having upgraded the software on this Gentoo box, everything that uses
GTK is broken, and I don't know why.)

> (I used the "cs" shell variable to cut down the verbiage a bit.)

... but is that $$cs usage available in all shells? If it is a bash-ism
we can't use it.

>        cd _generic && $(abs_top_srcdir)/configure

>        (cd _generic; $(abs_top_srcdir)/configure)

> The parens are not necessary, because make(1) executes each line of a recipe
> in its own subshell.

Of course, silly me. I was thinking shell...

Philip

--
Philip Hazel