Re: [pcre-dev] Missing files in SVN

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: danielg
CC: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Missing files in SVN
On Tue, 23 Oct 2012, Daniel Richard G. wrote:

> config.h.generic: configure.ac
>    rm -rf $@ _generic
>    mkdir _generic
>    cd _generic && $(abs_top_srcdir)/configure
>    perl -pe '<insert Perl one-liner here>' _generic/config.h >$@
>    rm -rf _generic

> So regardless of how the build tree is currently configured, this re-runs the
> configure script with default settings, but in a temporary subdirectory so
> that the existing configuration remains untouched.

We have a problem. When I run this, I get this error:

configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make
distclean" there first

I tried changing

       cd _generic && $(abs_top_srcdir)/configure
       (cd _generic; $(abs_top_srcdir)/configure)

because surely you want to return to srcdir after the configure, but
that did not help.

I managed to get this to work by a nasty hack: hide config.status when
running configure, then restore it afterwards. I don't like this. It
relies too much on the internal behaviour of ./configure. I am going to
try something different:

Copy into _generic the necessary files for running configure, then run
it locally there.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel