From: Todd Lyons [tlyons@???]
Sent: 13 October 2012 17:50
To: James Mills
Cc: exim-users@???
Subject: Re: [exim] strange resolver issue

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
>> Interestingly, if I update the PTR and A records for eeprobe on the authoritative DNS server, such that they
>> resolve to eeprobe.euroele.com (instead of local) then exim resolves these properly and doesn't
>> complain at all. As soon as a switch it back to .local, it complains again. It seems to be there's
>> something particular to the .local addresses that exim doesn't like resolving.
> Yes that is an interesting data point.

It's your Debian based system that is doing this, not exim. Solutions
are suggested in this article:

http://www.woofpuppy.com/2012/05/solving-local-dns-resolution-problems.html

...Todd

This message may contain information and/or data that is confidential and legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient you are
notified that any use, publication, reproduction or dissemination is strictly prohibited and
may violate certain laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
return e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message and/or data. The content of this
message has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs and scanned by MailMarshal for unacceptable
language and inappropriate content.

European Electronique Ltd, Forward House, Oakfields Ind. Est, Eynsham, Oxon, OX29 4TT, is a
company registered in the United Kingdom with registration number 1704440 and VAT registration
number 834853016.