Re: [exim] strange resolver issue

Author: Todd Lyons
To: James Mills
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] strange resolver issue
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
> It's your Debian based system that is doing this, not exim. Solutions
> are suggested in this article:
> http://www.woofpuppy.com/2012/05/solving-local-dns-resolution-problems.html

In re-reading this, it kinda sounded like I was disparaging of the
"Debian based system." Please don't interpret it as that way. I was
merely implying that it was a recent change of using mdns by default,
and that it affected recent Debian and derivative versions, not that
"it" was a bad thing. The resolution is a standard old-skool fix: the
search order nsswitch.conf (according to the article).

...Todd