著者: Todd Lyons
To: James Mills
CC: exim-users@exim.org
題目: Re: [exim] strange resolver issue
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:33 AM, James Mills <james.mills@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running exim 4.72 on Debian 6.0.6.
>
> I'm seeing messages in my mainlog when hosts on my own LAN connect to exim:
>
>         no IP address found for host eeprobe.euroele.local (during SMTP connection from [192.168.3.55])

> exim4 -bh yields the following:

Use this command and show us the output:

exim4 -d-all+dns ip.add.re.ss

My guess is that it's only using /etc/hosts and not actually doing a
dns lookup, but I don't see anything that indicates that in the output
above, it's just a guess.

> LOG: no IP address found for host eeprobe.euroele.local (during SMTP connection from [192.168.3.55])
>
> However, I can do a forward lookup using dig on eeprobe.euroele.local and it resolves to a single 'A'
> record 192.168.3.55 and a reverse lookup on 192.168.3.55 yields a single 'PTR' 192.168.3.55.

Since you're using a Debian or Ubuntu, is this dig occurring against
the actual authoritative dns server or resolver, or is it against the
default, which is possibly dnsmasq listening on 127.0.0.1:53. Check
to see what dig uses by default and then let's make sure that your
Debian exim4 is using what we think it is.

BTW, the above does indicate that your DNS at least appears to be
configured properly.

...Todd