Re: [exim] Exim/IRC: anyone want notifications of commits?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim/IRC: anyone want notifications of commits?

Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
>> The Exim main git repository automatically pushes to a backup repository
>> on GitHub.
>
> Is this new? I didn't realize that it did that. Very nice!

Relatively new - I updated the script that does stuff like build the
email summaries to also fetch/pull from github and then push back, so
unless we end up with with unresolvable (without help) commits in
separate repositories they will stay in sync on an hourly basis.

It seemed easier to do this on a cron basis rather than attempt to
automate on git hooks, especially as the tahini stuff tends to run as
the invoking user.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]