Re: [exim] Exim/IRC: anyone want notifications of commits?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Todd Lyons
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim/IRC: anyone want notifications of commits?
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:

> The Exim main git repository automatically pushes to a backup repository
> on GitHub.

Is this new? I didn't realize that it did that. Very nice!

> GitHub supports repository hooks for sending messages to
> many *many* different places when a commit happens.
> I understand some folks use IRC; my understanding is that the main
> channel is irc://freenode/exim ?

Yes, the #exim channel on Freenode is kinda the unofficial exim
channel. I hang there every day. I have not checked to see if there
is an EFNet #exim as well. I guess I'll check tomorrow and maybe hang
there too.

> Is there interest in seeing commits from Exim's git repository make
> their way to the IRC channel?

Yes I would like that myself, but I'll ask the guys who own that
channel if they would mind.

> (I don't use it, it's not for me, but if folks want it, I can set it
> up).
> -Phil, SysComet on freenode (but rarely on)

cannonball on freenode, on daily (weekdays)

...Todd