[pcre-dev] Match for the first 100 charaters of a string

Author: Sandhya Sriraj
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Match for the first 100 charaters of a string
Hi,
I want to display first 1000 characters of a string (literals are replaced
by special symbol). I am using pcre library to replace the literal. After
replacing every literal I am checking for the length of the string and if
it is > 1000 then stop matching and display the string.

My problem is, Suppose I am sending a string with length 1GB, and if there
is no literal in that string, pcre will check for the entire string. I want
to check the match for first 1000 charaters. Is there any way to do this?

Regards,
Sandhya Sriraj