Re: [exim] Match_address matches domain - should it?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Match_address matches domain - should it?
On 10/01/2012 06:07 PM, John Horne wrote:
> My question is whether match_address is supposed to match against only
> the domain or should it be checking against just the whole address?
>
> The manual does not mention that only the domain may match.

The manual says

"In each case, the second argument may contain any of the
allowable items for a list of the appropriate type."

and I'd infer that for match_address this means an address list.
The description for those
(http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch10.html)
says:

"If a non-empty pattern that is not a regular expression or a lookup
does not contain an @ character, it is matched against the domain
part of the subject address."

So in summary, "yes".
--