Re: [exim] Need help with costume filter...

Author: Thomas Hochstein
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Need help with costume filter...
"Jack Bryant (beachcitiespc.com)" wrote:

> We have the server sending out mail as noreply@???
>
> When get a bounce or bad email address I would like to redirect this to the
> (reply-to) field that has the correct senders email address.

You send out mail from <noreply@???> with a reply-to header of
(for example) <john@???>; you get a bounce message (DSN) to
<noreply@???> and want to send it on to <john@???>. Is
that correct?

> What's the best way to achieve this? PIPE script or FILTER?

Your main problem will be to figure out what address to redirect to, I
think. A bounce *may* contain the original message, so you can parse
it and extract the reply-to header, but that's not a given (and there
is no standard format for bounce messages).

*Why* do you send out messages from noreply@??? in the first
place?

-thh