[exim-dev] Questions about integration of exim with rspamd s…

Author: Vsevolod Stakhov
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Questions about integration of exim with rspamd spam filter
Hello,

I've seen the topic in this mailing list related to integration of
rspamd and exim. I'm the author of rspamd and I'd really very
appreciate if exim will be able to interact with rspamd natively.

As you see there is a patch to src/spam.c for rspamd support:
https://bitbucket.org/vstakhov/rspamd/src/23df2e6bd3ee/contrib/exim/patch-exim-src_spam.c.diff

This patch is very far from perfect as it breaks compatibility with
spamassassin and it cannot handle a lot of information from rspamd. I
can write a new patch to fix these problems, but I need some
information about exim's design to fit my code for it. So here are the
questions:

1) Should I write the new function like
int spam(uschar **listptr) {...} -> int rspam(uschar **listptr) {...} ?
2) Why do you think that push_line function in the current patch is
not good for exim (it uses writev for effective data transmission)?
3) Can I introduce some new global variables like <spamd_action> -
this can be useful as rspamd has 'actions': policies for recommended
action with this email (like 'accept', 'reject', 'add header' etc)?

Anyway, if you think that rspamd support is not worth to be included
in the mainstream of exim I'd like to know that things to improve the
current patch, so I'd appreciate any answers and comments.

- --
Vsevolod Stakhov