[exim] Help Need!! Totally Lost in SMTP plain/login/tls/md5-…

Author: F. Mendez
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Help Need!! Totally Lost in SMTP plain/login/tls/md5-cram connection..
Hi guys.

I’m testing exim 4.80.

I’ve compile it from a src.rpm in my Centos 6 64bit box.

Exim –bV shows:

Exim version 4.80 #2 built 01-Jul-2012 15:43:17
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2012
(c) The Exim Maintainers and contributors in ACKNOWLEDGMENTS file, 2007 - 2012
Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (November 12, 2010)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl Expand_dlfunc TCPwrappers OpenSSL Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime
Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmjz dbmnz dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm nis nis0 nisplus passwd sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

Since I do really don’t know too much of exim as I wish, I’m force to ask for you kind help.

I’ve tried ALL wiki and document help from exim.org and can’t make smtp login to work. I’ve tried plain text, login. And nothing. I’ve already installed cyrus-imap & cyrus-sasl, cyrus-md5, cyrus-sasl-plain....and nothing.

I really really need the help of you guys.

If ANYONE may be gentle to help to have exim 4.80 with the following working: plain text, login, cram-md5, cram-sh1 and TLS for POP, IMAP and SMTP. I would be really thankfull.

Thanks a lot.