Re: [exim] including additional config

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] including additional config

On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 11:17 +0100, Oliver Howe wrote:

> I have a few servers that I'd like to use a default Exim config file
> for. But some of these servers need a few values to be different,
> e.g 'server A' will have recipients_max set to 50 and 'server B' will
> have it set to 250 .

I have 4 Exim servers. Its more expedient to share the common coding
rather than maintain 4 distinct sets.

I use, in the Exim configuration files:-

.include_if_exists                EXDIR/exim.1.basic.m2
.include_if_exists                EXDIR/exim.1.basic.m5
.include_if_exists                EXDIR/exim.1.basic.m6
.include_if_exists                EXDIR/exim.1.basic.m8

This means I have a single core with the variants, applicable to each
Exim server, in a separate text file.

I upload the core Exim files with the appropriate varient(s) for that
particular server. This method is reliable and works very well for me.

--
Paul.
England,