Re: [exim] Log parsing to relational database

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Always Learning
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Log parsing to relational database

On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 13:21 +1000, Ted Cooper wrote:
> Has anyone written anything to convert exim logs into a series of
> related SQL tables? I am doing an inordinate amount of searching through
> log files to find it A emailed B on a certain day and having spent so
> much time with databases over the last few years I can't help but want
> to make an interface for people to search for this information themselves ;)

I have an amateur solution. Each Exim server calls a PHP routine which
then writes data to a common web page on another server. The data
contains From, To, Date etc.

That PHP coding on that web page then adds the data to a simple file.
This has always been sufficient, so far. The web page coding could,
just as easily, put the data in to a MySQL table.

--
Paul.
England,