Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bulk Outbound Performance
Always Learning wrote:

>...are routed
> to :blackhole:

Have to caution against accepting then blackholing.

"Some" of the miscreants DO take note and score, so that an acceptance
earns a pile-on of MORE garbage, and sustained rejections or
'unreachables' (IP FW'ed) earn a go-elsewhere as you are seen to be a
waste of their time, even if the resources they use were stolen.

Even if you don't insult your user-community by delivering what is
instead blackholed, that front-end balance-shift can have ill efects on
clogging of your bandwidth.

We stopped 'blackholing' many years ago, as our uptream links are not
cheap, and we need all the clear channel and speed we can keep free for
OTHER services on different servers and IP's but the same copper/fibre.

Let's the server run cooler as well for not having to constantly
tranport turds through the kitchen just to get rid of them.

JM2CW, but I say kill it at kerbside before it multiplies.

Bill
---
韓家標