Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.32 release plans?

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Giuseppe D'Angelo
CC: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.32 release plans?
On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:

> Are there any plans about the 8.32 release?

Not yet.

> Amongst the other fixes, the \X correctly matching extended grapheme
> cluster is a nice feature to have :)

There are other things going on (the z/OS port has thrown up some EBCDIC
related bugs that I'm addressing, for a start, and there is work going
on on a 32-bit library). I don't like to put out new releases too close
together unless there's a major issue, and I don't think \X is such,
because it is an upgrade rather than a bugfix. (Reason: avoid making too
much work for those who package PCRE in various ways.)

8.31 came out on July 6th. That's only 2 months ago. I really would like
to have at least a 4 months gap if possible (I was hoping for 6 months).

However, if lots and lots of people feel it should be sooner, I'm always
ready to listen... but current "projects" would have to be completed.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel