Re: [exim] Exim message thaw performance

Author: Volker Schmelich
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim message thaw performance
Thank you for the tip regarding strace. From a first glance it looks like server 2 loses time between "Writing spool header file" and "LOG: MAIN unfrozen by root". Especially some fstat(), fsync(), close() call lines have higher times displayed when using strace with the -r param.

E.g. one close() shows 0.000644 on server 1 and the same close() on server 2 shows 0.032874.

As for the file systems: none of them is on LVM. Server 1 uses ext3, server 2 uses ext4.

So my uneducated guess would be that ext4 is to blame. Is there a way to temporarily make ext4 behave like ext3 and re-run the test?

Thanks,
Volker