Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] RunGrepTest comparison failure
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012, Sheri wrote:

> Not sure which version I last tried this but when I previously built with
> unix-like tools on Windows, RunGrepTest processed without issues.

> ---------------------------- Test 35 -----------------------------
> -./testdata/grepinputx
> -RC=0
> +RC=2
> ---------------------------- Test 36 -----------------------------
> -./testdata/grepinput3
> -./testdata/grepinput8
> -./testdata/grepinputx
> RC=0

> Can't open a directory as a file on Windows, but tests 35 and 36 both have the
> "-r" option, so they shouldn't be attempting it?

Sheri,

Thanks, as always, for your testing. Indeed 35 and 36 shouldn't be
trying to open a directory as a file. Have you had a chance to try the
new version that was giving you trouble owing to my typos? One change in
that version is to default "-d skip" for Windows, so that even without
-r it shouldn't be trying to open a directory as a file.

However, the test you did the other day seemed to indicate that it
wasn't recognizing that it was in a Windows environment. In that case,
it does not know how to test for a directory, and so it would try to
open as a file. The test for a Windows environment is this:

#if defined HAVE_WINDOWS_H && HAVE_WINDOWS_H

Maybe there's something wrong there???

Philip

--
Philip Hazel