Re: [exim] add recipient of sent mail to greylistd as whitel…

Author: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] add recipient of sent mail to greylistd as whitelisted
On Wednesday, August 08, 2012 06:38:57, Wolfgang Fürtbauer wrote:
> dear group,
>
> I'm using Tom Slettnes greylistd with exim and it's working pretty well.
> In order to raise comfort for users, I'd like to add a whitelist entry
> for recipients of mail leaving my domain.
> Anybody an idea how to do that?

greylistd whitelist entries typically take the form of:

but when you have email outbound on your server, you'll only have two of
these. In theory you could write an ACL rule that when an email is being sent
outbound by one of your users that outputs either to a script via a pipe or to
a program via dlfunc that makes a connection to greylistd to make a whitelist
entry.

Realistically I'd like to find a way to implement "whole server whitelisting"
which was brought up on this list recently. i.e. when an email is correctly
retried, a whitelist entry is made for that server or that source IP address.
Because for instance it's silly to greylist all of GMail, and doing so is just
a waste of resources on both sides -- and same with any other legitimate mail
server.

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle