Re: [exim-dev] Anybody ever use rspamd?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Anybody ever use rspamd?
On 2012-08-07 at 06:31 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> So I saw on a Freecode daily email that a new release of rspamd was
> available. It claims to have 10x better performance than spamassassin
> with the same rules. Has anybody ever used it?

No.

> This patch is in their source to get it working with exim:
> https://bitbucket.org/vstakhov/rspamd/src/649c61b89b43/contrib/exim/patch-exim-src_spam.c.diff

It appears to be under a BSD-ish with-advertising license. Although the
changes are simple, it would be polite to drop a note to the author,
asking if it's okay to pull his changes into the GPL'd Exim (and then we
add to the ACKNOWLEDGMENTS file).

> It looks like good code to me, so with a little bit of #ifdef we could
> make rspam vs spamassassin a compile time setting. Or maybe add a new
> "rspam" condition that calls this code instead of the existing "spam"
> condition code.

Compile-time would be a last resort, IMO. rspam is nice, slightly nicer
is a protocol variant option. Either spamd_options in the main config
section, to go with spamd_address, or a /modifier for the spam ACL
condition, much like the /modifiers on malware checks, etc.

"variant=rspam"? Or just "rspam"?

I leave the decision on syntax to those doing the work.

-Phil