Re: [exim] Problem to send message and quota_threshold_warni…

Author: Alexander Nagel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem to send message and quota_threshold_warning
Am Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:25:13 -0300
schrieb rtornis <rtornis@???>:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I have trouble with quota_threshold_warning when a message arrives
> that is within quota_threshold_warning Exim does not send the alert
> message. Friends if you have any tips on how to configure thank you.
>
> My server is an Ubuntu 10.04 LST with Exim4.7.1
>
> The following configuration file transport:
>
> address_directory:
>    debug_print = "T: address_directory for $local_part@$domain"
>    driver = appendfile
>    delivery_date_add
>    envelope_to_add
>    return_path_add
>    check_string = ""
>    escape_string = ""
>    maildir_format
>
>    quota = ${lookup pgsql{select (quota || 'M') as quota \
>                           from mailadmin_virtualuser \
>                           where login = '${quote_pgsql:$local_part}' \
>                           and dominio =
> '${quote_pgsql:$domain}'}{$value}{M}}
>    quota_is_inclusive = false
>    quota_size_regex = ,S=(\d+)$
>    quota_warn_threshold = 10%
>    maildir_use_size_file = false
>    maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size
>    quota_warn_message = "To: $local_part@domain\n\
>                        Subject: Aviso de cota da caixa de
> correio.\n\n\ Esta mensagem foi gerada automaticamente pelo
> software de e-email\n\n\
>                        Voce esta usando agora mais de 75% da sua cota
> que foi atribuida a sua caixa de armazenamento.\n\n\
>                        Se a sua caixa de correio encher
> completamente, outras mensagens recebidas serao automaticamento\n\
>                        devolvidos aos seus remetentes.\n\n\
>                        Por favor, tome nota e remova os e-mails
> indesejados da caixa de correios.\n"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tornis

Hi,

I think you make the same thinking mistake like me :-) Exim doesn't send
a quota warning if you are already within the quota_threshold_warning.
It sends a warning if the message is actually big enough to cross the
threshold.
So for testing you should have a mailbox where the size is under the
threshold. Then you send a message, which is big enough to cross the
threshold. Then exim should send the quota warning.

Also you have written

>    quota_warn_threshold = 10%

I don't have the '%' sign here. I'm not sure, but I think you can omit
it.

regards
Alex