Re: [pcre-dev] Help with pcregrep on Windows

Author: Emanuele Alpi
To: Zoltán Herczeg
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Help with pcregrep on Windows
Hi Zoltan,
thank you very much for the detailed information.
Since these type of work (i.e. building and compiling) is really out of
my current knowledge I will try to rely on pre-compiled files.

With respect to this I had some feedback from GnuWin32 mailing list.
They suggested me to trypcregrepversion 8.12 from last year:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/getgnuwin32/files/getgnuwin32/test%20builds/regexp_lib_PCRE_8.12_binaries_and_devel.zip/download
It was made as a test build but there wasn't any demand for it so that's
why it was not easily reachable(for me)from the GnuWin32 packages list.
I tried this version and everything works now.

I then asked to the GnuWin32 list if they are willing to create a new
updated pcre package (which will contain updated pcregrep).

Thank you once more

Kind Regards

Emanuele