Re: [exim-dev] Remove headers in an ACL

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Remove headers in an ACL
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@???> wrote:
> There is a bug 198 (obviously opened a long time ago) that is a
> request to be able to remove headers in ACL's, identical to the way
> My question is this: was there some reason in the past that removing
> headers in ACL's was never done? Maybe it was just nobody had the
> time to test and commit? Or did it just get lost in the shuffle of
> volunteers living and working?

No complaints head, so I updated the docs and tests. I am about to
merge that branch to master and push it. If it creates any problems
for anybody, feel free to revert the commit.

Unsurprisingly, I found that writing the docs contributed the most to
my comprehension of this code. It also greatly enhanced my
understanding of the inter-operation of this code with other parts of
the message processing. This really expanded the tests because I had
a lot of things to check for when considering all possible scenarios.

Thanks to Magnus for this fine patch. If he's not around the list any
more and someone knows how to get ahold of him, tell him thanks :-)

...Todd