Re: [exim] imap use after exim

Author: Todd Lyons
To: jb
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] imap use after exim
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM, jb <jagginess@???> wrote:

> I have a username that needs to have his sender mail copied/stored so that
> imap can present it later. (it can be an example for mbox or even maildir
> format, the imap server looks at both mailbox formats in ~ and in /var/mail
> without issues)

There are three ways you can do this:
1. Have him configure his MUA to BCC himself for every email he sends.
2. Have him configure his MUA to store Sent messages in a "Sent"
folder that is in his IMAP connection instead of in a local "Sent"
folder on his local hard drive.
3. Have exim deliver all messages send by this user into a subfolder
in his maildir. To do this, I would add a router which delivers the
email into /path/to/his/Maildir/.Sent/ or similar, with the "unseen"
setting so that it continues on to do a regular delivery as well. It
will pollute your mail logs though.

Personally I would tell him to configure his MUA to do what he wants,
not the mail server, but it's up to you which policy you want to set.

...Todd