Re: [pcre-dev] A PCRE 32-bit library?

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Christian Persch
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] A PCRE 32-bit library?
Hi Christian,

wow, this is awesome! The UTF16 support was really designed that way, that the UTF32 support shouldn't be too much trouble, but I suspect there are some places, where you needed to do a lot of work.

I have some questions:

1) The first / required character data is only 16 bit wide. Did you changed them to 32 bit? What about the alignment of the new structure?
2) Did you make new tests?
3) What is the status of the non-utf, plain 32 bit mode? I remember places where the uint32 characters also contain some flags in the higher bits.
4) Which build systems support UTF32?
5) What about JIT?

Again, I think this is a really nice work! I suspect only new symbols were added to the pcre.h, so we shouldn't worry about compatibility.

Regards,
Zoltan