Re: [exim] SSD Drives

Author: Olivier B.
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SSD Drives
On 14/07/2012 10:34, Phil Pennock wrote:
> or the laptop I'm writing this via, I bought one of these from NewEgg:
> OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid
> State Drive (SSD)
> $300, purchased while it was on offer at $240.

Well, we have a "OCZ Vertex 4" too on our dev server, and we have a lot of problems. In each heavy I/O, it "disconnect". We have to shutdown the server then restart it
It really not a model that I will recommend for production.

Instead on our production servers we only have Intel models, which are slowers than OCZ, but we haven't get any trouble with them.

Olivier