[exim] mua-like delivery

Author: jb
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] mua-like delivery
hi, i have a question- is it possible to perform a mua-like delivery
without using exim in mua_wrapper mode?

I've been reading
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch50.html which
tells me exim can be used as a non-deamon and in a mua_wrapper mode, but
I'm hoping i can preserve to keep running in daemon mode so that other
users can still use localhost email between each other(only on server,
no smarthost..)

My objective is to not use exim as a smarthost but have 1 user the
ability to send email to a smarthost through exim(the ISP's smarthost is
an adjacent WAN link, and the server is kept in a lan network).

I'm guessing I have to look into the redirect driver and have exim act
as a mua client connecting to the smarthost's port# of 587.. If someone
knows a document source section I should check out I'd welcome that.
Greatly appreciate it, thank you for any reply..